Hello, are you still there? Is this medical practice still open or did the group retire?
These are not questions that you want your patients and clients to ask.
Yet, it is precisely what they are thinking when healthcare facilities, hospitals and doctors slap a website together and then make it static. Without providing fresh content on a regular basis, you lose the chance to attract prospective patients and keep the current ones. Instead of attracting new clients, you become a virtual ghost and everyone “abandons ship” to go elsewhere- your competitors.
Thinking that all you have to do is “go live” online and then ignore it, is the #1 mistake of health sites and medical websites. Search engines recognize which sites are the active ones and reward them accordingly by ratings. Having your website on page 28 of a search for your keywords means that you might as well not be there. People only contact the medical practices that show up on page one.
With the majority of people searching for their health information online and finding their new doctors on the web, can you really afford to squander your most valuable asset- your website and your branding?
Sure, you don’t have enough time. There’s barely enough time for yourself with patient consultations and charting that new EHR system you installed. But, here are some reasons why tending to your anemic website is crucial:
- New content that is both interesting and relevant to readers will attract prospective patients, bring referrals and maintain current patients
- Establishes yourself as an authority in your field
- Strengthens your branding and makes you stand out head and shoulders above your colleagues
- Raises your search engine rankings with Google, Bing, Yahoo and others
- Opens opportunities to inform patients about new techniques, new office hours, new staff members
- Gives you the chance to explain procedures through videos so that patients understand, increasing compliance
The lack of time does NOT need to be an issue; simply outsource it! Let an experienced team take care of providing your fresh content and free up your time to practice medicine (and even enjoy some free time!)
Give me a call and I would be happy to give you a free consultation to discuss your needs at 561-325-9664