With mobile phone users outnumbering desktop computer use by five to one, it makes sense to develop a mobile app for online marketing of your medical practice.
Mobile internet use is just a click away with smart devices. About 85% of people use mobile devices to access the internet.
Mobile app marketing helps you to target these people. An additional attraction is the interaction with patients that you can get.
You are informing patients and bolstering communication between patients and healthcare providers.
Mobile apps are a great opportunity to engage patients with:
- medical practices
- solo physicians
- medical facilities
- Urgent care centers
So how do you entice people to download your app without spending a large amount of money for paid advertising?
The answer is social media!
Strategy- 7 Steps
- Determine channel: which social network is the one where your patients and prospective patients hang out? This is where the app should be visible. Create a Facebook page for your app. Use screenshots and call to action for better results. Join Facebook groups and promote your app in them. Millions of people use Facebook and Twitter to share content. These are great platforms for mobile app marketing. Twitter allows you to reach influencers by mentioning them in your tweets. Use hashtags to optimize your search engine activity, aggregate your viewers and comments. Don’t forget to ask for the app download.
- Tell a Story: everyone loves a story. It makes you human and allows others to connect with you.
- Encourage sharing: ask for feedback and reviews. Encourage viewers to share your content with friends and family to get your message out into the community.
- Give incentives:motivate your viewers to download your app by providing premiums ( free whitepapers, ebooks, tipsheets)
- Provide good value: Create content that is both interesting, informative and relevant to the viewers that you are wooing in your target market. Post funny videos that explain your app.
- Use images: pictures and images help get your message out in a more interesting and captivating way, drawing people’s attention in to the post. Post your images and videos into an Instagram account. Have a call to action for downloading your app while they are there.
- Provoke emotions: fear, hope, joy, laughter. These are the most common emotions elicited by your posts. Just think of the “aww” factor that animal videos present and how touching on people’s heartstrings makes your posts go viral.
For more helpful tips, sign up in the box at the left corner of your screen. This way you’ll get new strategies just as they are published. See you at the next post!