There are always new strategies in creating effective and valued content as health marketing evolves. They help your practice grow by attracting prospective patients, increase website traffic, strengthen your brand and establishes you and your practice as the authority in your field (giving a leg up over your colleagues).
Here are 5 Easy Ways to ramp up your health marketing
- Laser in on what your patients want
It is much easier to retain your current patients than constantly having to attract new ones. (although this is important too!) Think of what your viewers want to read and what is relevant to them so that you can keep them interested without losing them to other sites.
- Providing consistent and relevant content (that solves their problems)
- Archiving posts so that the viewers have access to them at their convenience
- Using multi channels for whatever sites your viewers tend to go
- Engaging viewers with comments
- Replying to questions and comments (so they know you are real and listening to them)
- Offering access to Q&A sheets, tips or special content if they return
- Incorporating email marketing
2. Mix in visual images and videos to your written content
Going forward, content will need images and videos to stand out from all the written material online. It will not only attract viewers, but will also help with what you are trying to explain. This works well for physicians as there is a wealth of material that lends itself to images (from surgical procedures, skin rashes, medical conditions and devices with countless more).
- Videos that illustrate the gist of your content (upload to YouTube or Vimeo)
- Graphs and statistics that prove your points
- Slideshows that highlight the main points of your content
- Instagram (which is booming in popularity)
- Uploading to Snapchat in social media
3. Limit the Scope of your content
Your content should be in sync with the services that you provide or reflect the specialty that you practice. Develop content that discusses medical conditions, medical breakthroughs or solutions in depth.
4. Incorporate Your Viewer Comments
By posting and responding to comments that your viewers have made, you are adding valued content as well as validating what they have to say. This encourages engagement as others will follow the lead to add comments to you and your site. Give a call-to-action by not only asking for comments but also asking viewers to share your post with their friends and family.
5. Content Promotion
If nobody can find or read your content, you will have spent time without benefit. Give a shout-out by promoting content through social media and press releases to get your information out there. Consider adding work to Reddit and paid content discovery networks (Taboola and Outbrain)
Have questions about how to use content and health marketing effectively? No problems! Contact me at 561-325-9664 and I would be happy to provide solutions for you!